Saturday, October 18, 2008

'Tis the season...


Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well, sorry to have gone missing there for a bit. Fall is always a little bittersweet for me, it's my favorite season of the year, by far, yet it's always the time of year that I'm most busy. I've certainly learned to take it in stride, otherwise I'd be in a padded room somewhere, much less still running a business. I'm much less stressed out than normal at this time of year though, if you can believe it. I must thank my babies for that. Being pregnant and preparing to become a parent really puts things into perspective. I've always known what I need to do to stay sane during times where things are piling on my plate faster than I can shovel them off, but I feel as if I have yet to escape melting down at some capacity around this time of year. I always get the job done but never as quickly as I'd like and never with the perfection that I'd like. What I think that I'm finally embracing is that I don't think any thing will ever get completed in the time or with the perfection that any of us would like. The most important thing is that you get the job done in the best way you know how. If you have, in fact put in your best effort, chances are you did a pretty good job. Anyway, I know for a fact that I'm more mellow than I've ever been - case in point - I had a computer crash on my a couple of days ago and I didn't cry! Normally computer crises make me sob like a little girl. It's just so nerve wracking, not knowing what the prognosis might be, not knowing how much money you might have to spend getting it fixed, not knowing what you might lose.... Instead I looked at the bright side: I do have another computer - a big, bad, fast computer that I recently had built for me to bring to the studio to work on (to have Jordan work on). So, I went to the studio, picked it up, had Jordan help me set it up at home and voila. Back up and running. I do have all of my data and photos backed up of course, the only thing I lost is my calendar. So! If you're reading this, please do email me and remind me of your birthday! Thanks. Sure, I do have to have my other computer completely reformatted, reload all of the programs, etc, but all I need to buy is a new motherboard and crucial memory and that computer, once again, will be a big, bad, fast machine. And I have the good fortune of having a family friend who just so happens to fix his friends computers for a hobby. What a good guy to know. Thanks Kenny! ----------- Above you'll see my ever expanding belly at 20 weeks pregnant. As soon as I have Photoshop back and have the chance to scan the new ultrasound photos I'll be sure to post them. The babies are doing awesome, they're both just under a pound now and all of their measurements are right on. They were both hilarious this time - it's so fun to watch them kick and punch each other and it's just fascinating to know that all of that action is going on inside of me and I can't feel it. I'm starting to feel more movement but it's still really slight and I'm anticipating feeling a lot more... I'm feeling great, other than some swelling and some numbness in my right finger tips, nothing that's intolerable though.... I'm thinking of abandoning my bed though because finding a comfortable sleeping position is becoming a futile effort. Anyhow I'm going to run, I have a wedding today, should be a really pretty one - it's a gorgeous day. I'm looking forward to things settling down, no doubt about it. Again I hope you're all well! xoxoxoxxoxo

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Glad you're back.

I love your belly; it's so cute.

Oh, and the sleeping thing...one of my patients brought this hugely big pillow monstrosity that she swore by. I think she called it a "snoogle" and that she got it at Babies R Us. I think it's supposed to replace the fifty million pillows that pregnant women sleep with...