Friday, August 29, 2008

Don't worry, about a ting... Every little ting, is gonna be alright.

I'm pretty excited that "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley just came on the radio (Sirius satellite channel 30 - acoustic coffeehouse or whatever)! It's not surprising since overall today is a pretty dang good day. Not for any particularly exciting reason - well, other than the fact that I'm photographing Robert Randolph and the Family Band tonight, one of my and Kristian's favorite bands. KK's coming with me and I'm looking forward to spending some time with him, at a show, one of our most favorite things to do together. If I'm lucky and the beer is cheap enough, I may even get to see the white boy dance! You know my round self will shake it no matter what. Other than that, though, the day has been pretty uneventful - there's just a nice energy to it - you know those days where you just feel, good. I managed to get some laundry done and get a little work out in, all the while making headway on the voluminous editing I have on my plate. Nothing like a little productivity to lighten the spirit, right? We also received the letter in the mail from Wash U about the testing they did on the babies during the 12 week scan - and the numbers look great for both babies - significantly diminished likelihood that either baby has Down's Syndrome or Trisomy 13/18. Very good and relaxing news. Also, the ball is rolling with the basement project - we're converting the back half into my office space, the front half into living/play space, and then both "bedrooms" upstairs will be a nursery/bedroom and another playroom. I think we just might make it work in this house! We get to spend time with my good friend Annie who is in from Ohio (I just photographed her wedding in Minneapolis in July, see the beautiful Mr. and Mrs. Anne and Kris Morrow - by the way, KRISTIAN took this photo - isn't it beautiful?! We printed and framed this image for them as a gift to give them when we see them, hope they love it.) on Sunday, along with both sets of parents who are both fantastic people to be around.

Tomorrow I get to work with Jon, which is always a good time, fam coming over to hang out on Sunday evening and Monday we get to go out on the boat and enjoy an actual full day off. Sure the rest of September is sheer chaos for me, but I'm used to that and I kind of welcome it, you know? I complain about editing, but I truly love my job, it still flatters me that people place such a responsibility in my hands (and my eyes) and I work hard every wedding to get the best images I can. It's always a challenge, and always a delight. Spending time with two people on the day they marry each other is really amazing. Anyhow, that's about it for now, and to end it on a lite note....Pretty hilarious, I can always depend on Frankie to crack me up with his emails. PS, after a pretty direct and brief conversation in the car that consisted of me barraging Kristian with both potential boy and girl names for our children; we have, in fact narrowed it down. And KK wants it to be a surprise. Who knew he was so nostalgic? So you'll find out in the birth announcements I guess. :) Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Lots of love, Joanna

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Great cartoon! And I'm glad you figured out your living situation! I'm sure you feel better having figured that out.

But darn you for keeping the names a surprise. Well at least you'll tell everyone the genders, right!?