Monday, August 25, 2008

This may one day be me.

So I'm sure that I've mentioned that I cry over everything, right? Well today is no different, as I sit, editing a wedding, I come across an image that immerses me even further into the reality of what's going on in my life right now. This woman very well may be me someday, dancing with my son, at his wedding, once again crying my eyes out - out of utter, indescribable joy. A wedding is a pinnacle, however. Of course I'll cry my eyes out if I am blessed with the opportunity to dance with my son at his wedding. Or, both of my sons their weddings. It is also the little things, those smaller, everyday instances of joy that I'm beginning to realize I get to be a part of soon. Thus far I've just been so involved with the fact that I am, in fact, pregnant... with twins. That's a lot to digest folks. Well I've signed up, and I'm pretty much over the fact that I'll never sleep again, and I may not escape the first 5 years with my sanity. We have jumped in, feet first, ready or not. It's alright though, because it comes with the territory, and there is so much more to it. I was watching YouTube the other day - I just searched for "twin births" and of course a thousand clips pop up..... I found myself, for the first time, sobbing uncontrollably over the prospect of finally meeting my babies! Finally holding them, touching them, kissing them, gazing at them, being with them.... Being... a family. Taking their feet prints, sending out birth announcements, taking their first photographs, witnessing their very first smile.... And then I'll snap my fingers, as my good friend Kathy has, and I'll be doing dishes in the kitchen, and my teenage son or daughter will come up behind me, reach his or her arms around me in a tight hug and tell me "I love you mommy." Is that not what life is about? I'll sign up for that every single day. ------------------ In other news, I'll be 13 weeks along tomorrow, the countdown has begun until 9.16.08 - the next ultrasound and hopefully the day where we can learn the genders of our kids..... Our (my) grand plan goes like this: family jewels will be clearly visible but I will instruct the ultrasound tech to have us turn away during the investigation of the nether regions. He or she will then write our much anticipated news down on the beautiful card that I have brought along with me. He or she will then seal the envelope with said card, and the information will remain confidential, until, 9.24.08, our 3rd wedding anniversary. We will sit at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse together, as we have for the past two years on that date, and open the card, together, and find out what the genders of our children are. We will also salute Big Joe since it is also his birthday. Pretty cool plan, eh? I'll be so grateful if that's how it really happens. I've put a lot of heart into that plan. So cross your fingers, do a dance, you get it. And I'd love for you to, if you haven't, vote!! You'll see your chance to vote on the right of this page - down a ways.... Out of the 4 people who have voted, 50% of you think we're having 2 girls - which ruins my chances of dancing with my sons at their weddings dammit. -------------- Other noteworthy items.... I was yelled at by the husband of a bridesmaid at my wedding on Saturday (which was really beautiful and a sweet shooting day for me), for drinking a Monster energy drink. He congratulated me on the twins, news of which had spread like wildfire throughout the day, like usual, and then proceeded to tell me "You should really lay off the Monster though" as if he were a good friend who was privy to a Monster-binge issue that I have been struggling with. "The tuarine and ginseng and guarana aren't good for the babies." I was so tempted to counter with "I know, and neither is that gallon of vodka and RedBull you drank today. Your liver is pissed." The only time you'll ever catch me drinking Monster is on a wedding day, through which I would not make it, upright at least, without a little help. The babies will be fine. Mostly I found it humorous, especially after he fell over on Molly the Trolley, and chalked it up as the first installment of many unsolicited pieces of advice that I will continue to get throughout this pregnancy. ---------------- Have a great evening everyone! And if you're in the market - you should try Low Carb Monster energy drink - it's a lifesaver when you have a 12 hour day in front of you carrying around 50 pounds of gear to 5+ locations and you're pregnant with twins. -------------- LASTLY: Check out my YouTube page to see the video I shot of the babies at my 12 week ultrasound last week. It's not great video, but if you watch close you can see Baby A move around. So cute!

3 comments:

April and Jeff said...

Beautiful Belly shots! Can't wait til we meet for cofee...hmmhm that's decaf for you babe! lol
April

cloverstl said...

So glad I got to work with you this past weekend!! I can totally guess who the comment maker was on Saturday too. :)

Meredith said...

I love that you video taped your ultrasound! It's so cute, and such a great idea! :) Your babies (and their spouses) are going to love it some day!