Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Gretchen!

6 mos and hilarious!!
I'm two and I love the cake mommy made for me!
Mmmmm, La Pizza with Daddy and Tia Juana...

I just cannot believe that today is my niece Gretchen's THIRD birthday. It freaks me out how quickly time flies. What a sweet, beautiful, insanely smart little girl she is, and I look forward to watching her grow into a sweet, beautiful and even smarter young woman. What a blessing she is to our family, a riot and joy to have around, even if she does pee on your floor every once in a while. No biggie. Can't wait to see Gretch and her mommy and daddy Mike and Sue, along with Jimmy, (my other bro), g-friend Marissa, and "Gram-Bonnie" and Harry on Sunday for a little BBQ and R&R. Love you guys! Happy birthday baby girl! xoxxoxoxoxo, Tia Juana (what Gretchen calls me).

PS, Gretchen is a cool name, isn't it? I'm so stuck on names right now, and I'm sure you parents can empathize with me, does it not seem that just no name is quite good enough for your child? Just kidding, we have a bunch, faves right now - and please chime in if you love or hate any of these - are: Boys: (in order of favorites ranking): Oliver, Isaac, August, Carlin, Clinton, Quincy, Lincoln. (Again, I'd love some feedback - leave me comments dammit!). Girls: Audrey, Lauren, Raya, Kennedy, Emille, Whitney, Dorthea, Etta, Faith...(Disclaimer, anyone else pregnant out there - since I just publicly announced that I'm fond of these names, they're off limits.) :) Ugh, so many names and only two kids. We're money if they're both boys, but not many of you jerks seem to think that will be the case - I know the 2 of you that voted were just being nice. (I'm just kidding, you're not jerks, I love you all.) I have never in the history of talking with anyone about this fiasco heard "I think you're having two boys." Except for Ashley, and she just wants me to have two boys because she has four of her own! We shall see, hopefully in three weeks!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't believe she's going to be 3!!! Holy cow! And I've never met her!

Love Lincoln (I actually had a patient who named their little boy that about a month ago. She was a teacher. Teachers always have different names, because most names have a face and personality attached to them, good or bad!)

Love love love Audrey, Whitney, and Kennedy! So sweet!

Joe said...

I like Oliver and Faith.

Oliver because of the Rachael Yamagata track "Moments with Oliver" and Faith because of, well, Faith Evans. :)