Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Celebrate good times, come on!"

[ Alright guys, this is an easy one, think World Series 1982... - for those of you new to the game, you have to guess what song the lyrics in the blog title belong to. Sometimes the blog title will be a song, in which case you have to guess the band/group. First person to guess correctly 5 times will win a fantastically mastered mix CD from yours truly - indeed a phenomenal prize. ]

Mmmmm, I just made our anniversary reservations for Ruth's Chris - a very favorite place for Kristian and I to have a romantic dinner together. I know that this will be one of the last. Unless we can get a willing babysitter. Anyone? This will be our 3rd wedding anniversary and the 3rd year in a row that we will have gone to Ruth's Chris... We always spend way too much money but it's just one of those nights where we can indulge and really celebrate each other and our friendship and marriage. Each of the past two years have been everything I could hope for in a romantic anniversary dinner with KK (although I'm sure he would shy away from the whole world knowing...). We always get a bottle of Savignon Blanc, the only wine Kristian's found that he likes - he's definitely a white drinker, not red like me... guess I can have a half glass this year. Then we exchange cards that we both spend considerable time and effort and gushiness writing love letters inside - he never fails to make me cry with how sweet he can be. Don't let the tough-guy facade fool you, he's a lover-boy. I always look forward to our anniversary and we will continue to make it a priority even amongst the chaos... I know it's important to set time aside for each other.... This year, hopefully, we will open another card, together, that will reveal the genders of our babies. I really hope that my plan works out - it will be a truly memorable dinner and evening. I can't wait! I'm a lucky girl, no doubt. We have a lot to celebrate, indeed we have a rich life. Sigh...... :)


3 comments:

Meredith said...

Cool and the Gang, Celebration.

There.

I've been to Ruth's Cris one time here in KC...pretty good. I liked the mashed sweet potatoes! :)

I can't wait for you guys to go, either, because I want to know what you're having!!!!!!

Joanna Kleine said...

Ah! Point one for Meredith! And you'll be one of the first to know love! xoxoxxo

Joe said...

You've won this time, Meredith...

I can't go online at work...so i'm afraid i'll never be first at these lyric games!

i'll keep trying though!