Saturday, September 6, 2008

"I like to move it, move it!"

Happy Saturday everyone! Okay so I'm pretty darn excited - I felt the babies move last night! More specifically I felt baby A move... I was laying in bed last night next to Kristian, laying on my left side snuggled up him, and I pushed in on the left side of my belly just enough to feel him or her move! I felt a slight kick, and then a very obvious rolling sensation... "I just felt one of the babies move!" I told KK, excited - but I had lost him to the night. Once he's horizontal you have approximately 3.5 minutes of opportunity for conversation. Anyway I spent the next half hour or so tuning into the movement, pushing and prodding on my belly.... and I did feel baby B move also but it was much more delicate of a movement than baby A - the only reason I know who is where is because we've seen their positioning in the ultrasound. And again this morning I felt baby A on the way to Livi (Kristy and Steve's daughter) and Jordan's (Nick and Nicole's daughter) soccer game, (let me tell you, watching 4 and 5 year- olds play soccer is one of the cutest things ever - and their team won!). And I'm just excited for them to continue to grow and be able to feel it all the time, it's an indescribable feeling, it is just one more event that helps this all become more real... that and today is the first day I've worn maternity jeans (THANKS AMY!), and I must admit, they're comfy as heck. My friend Amy was kind enough to lend me some maternity clothes yesterday - and I also got to see her beautiful brand new baby girl Chloe and hold her... I'm a natural. Actually she's just an awesome sleeper and could care less! :) I'm glad I have not had to buy anything - my friend Michelle also has lent me some clothes - I just need to hit up one or two more friends and my cheap butt might get away with buying absolutely no maternity clothes. I have no shame. More importantly..... How exciting is it that fall is fast approaching?! What a beautiful time of year - it's always been and always will be my favorite season. The cooling temperatures, crisp air, sleeping with the windows open, bonfires, hoodie-sweatshirts, Halloween, my birthday, our anniversary, long walks outside, football (I could really care less but KK now has a fantasy football team and mamma needs new shoes).... it's THE best time of year. Okay, off to Babies R Us for the first time with Lindsay.... Wish me luck, babies need so much crap. I'm going to get a head start on putting together my registry - save the date ladies, tell your friends, the shower will be on Sunday, November 9th. Come rub the Buddha belly for luck. :) Enjoy the rest of this amazing weekend.... xooxoxxoxo

3 comments:

Meredith said...

"I like to move it" by Reel 2 Real

How exciting you felt the kiddos move! That's always super fun! I'm so excited for you. I already feel like your pregnancy is going by really fast! (Probably not for you, though.)

Oh, and KK will probably have another good 4 or 5 weeks before he can feel them. Kinda sucks...but whatever.

Meredith said...

oh, and maternity pants ARE the best. Even for about 6 to 8 weeks after delivery, too! :)

Joanna Kleine said...

That's 2 points for Meredith! And I just may never stop wearing them.....